- Start up Android Market
- Search for 3CXphone or just type in 3CX. This search will bring up the 3CXPhone for Android. See figure 1.
- Select install
- Click OK to accept access to Android internal core components and download will commence.
- The phone will be installed automatically.
Figure 1. 3CXPhone for Android in the Android market place.
Configuring 3CXPhone for Android
After you have installed 3CXphone for Android, you must configure it to use a VoIP provider or a VoIP PBX (SIP server) in order to make and receive calls. Note that 3CX only provides the software, we do not provide any calling services. After you have obtained an account at a VOIP provider or your Extension details of a VoIP PBX, you must proceed to configure a connection to that account in 3CXphone as follows:
- Start 3CXPhone by touching the 3CXPhone phone icon. The first time you start 3CXPhone, it will automatically prompt you to create a new connection profile. Click the “Add New” button to create a new profile.
- If you are connecting to 3CX Phone System and you are located on the same LAN you can have 3CX Phone for Android automatically configured. More information available here
- Enter a name for the new profile in the field “Profile name”
- Enter your user name (sometimes referred to as Extension number, SIP ID) in the ‘User’ field. Specify your password in the ‘Password’ field. The terminology used may vary between VoIP Providers and PBXs (for example your user name is often your phone number or extension number).
- In the “External Server” field, specify the domain name or the public IP of the SIP server (also referred to as registrar server or SIP registrar) of your VoIP Provider or VoIP PBX. For example, sip.myvoipprovider.net. If you will be using this connection with a VoIP PBX on the local LAN, specify the local IP of the VOIP PBX in the “Internal Server” field, for example 192.168.1.15.
- If your VoIP provider has given you a STUN server name, specify it in the “STUN Server” field here. If not, you can leave the STUN server entry as stun3.3cx.com
- If your VoIP provider requires the use of an outbound proxy, tap on the “Advanced” button and specify the outbound proxy in the “Proxy” field. For example, proxy.myvoipprovider.net or proxy.myvoipprovider.net:5080. If in doubt contact your VoIP provider. Click on the back button to return to the main Profile screen.
- Click Save to create the connection profile. This new profile will be displayed in the “Profiles” page. Once you have logged in successfully, your user name will be shown at the top on the right hand side
Click Save, press the green button next to the profile you wish to use and the 3CXPhone for Android will register.